If you don’t have a system in place to deliver highly active web visitors by name to your sales team, you are missing out on a substantial untapped revenue stream.
Last weekend, I went to Sears to buy a flat screen television, and I spent about 20 to 30 minutes in the electronics section looking at the options available.
After I investigated all of the TVs, I had a few ideas about what I wanted to go with, but I then decided to head to Best Buy to see if I could find something better.
I waved goodbye to the electronics staff, who seemed not to notice that I had ever entered their section, and then drove to Best Buy.
When I entered Best Buy, I was warmly greeted by one of the sales reps working there.
He immediately introduced himself as James and asked me what I was looking to buy. I told him about what I had just seen at Sears, and James let me know that Best Buy had some similar options.
James personally guided me through what might be the best TV to fit my needs.
By the end of the conversation, I went with a more expensive television than I would have purchased at Sears, and I felt excellent about my experience.
Why is it that the majority of businesses DO NOT say hello to their website visitors?
Simply saying “Hello” is a critical first step in moving that visitor towards a purchase.
Your website IS your storefront, and if no one is saying “Hello” to your visitors, they will quickly go to your competitor’s website much more quickly than I can drive to Best Buy.
98% of website visitors will never pick up the phone to call you and will never send in a form inquiry through your website.
This is a massive amount of people that are in need of a simple “Hello.”
So how do you know who’s on your website, and how do we contact them?
It’s effortless, and this is the first thing I set up for all of my clients.
- We take a tracking code and place it on every page of their website.
- This tracking code allows us to identify each visitor by company name and what they are interested in buying.
- We immediately pull in a list of contacts at that company with their phone numbers and emails.
- This information is delivered to your sales team, so that they can reach out and introduce themselves.
After this initial step, we go further:
- We identify web visitors by their name, and we start tracking their computers, so that you know exactly when they come and go from your website.
- Once we know what the visitor is interested in buying, we automatically start communicating with them about the features and benefits.
- As soon we identify that they are ready to purchase, we immediately notify the appropriate sales rep via email or text, letting them know to reach out to this potential customer as soon as possible.
Once this core foundation is in place, we start getting more sophisticated with increasing sales at every stage of the customer life cycle shown below.
The information delivered through this process is a game changer for growing your revenues, but if you do not have anyone on your team to reach out to these people, it will be a complete waste of time and money.
There are a million blogs out there explaining how to set something like this up. If you have the time and want to go through a long trial and error process attempting to make this work, go for it! The whole process might take you a year, and a lot of money might be wasted trying to discover the best way of doing it.
If you are the type of person that knows that their time and money is valuable and would like access to our proven process based on the experience of setting up hundreds of companies, then go ahead and schedule a free strategy session to see if we are a good fit:
Magee has been helping businesses take advantage of untapped revenue sources since 2013, and has learned what works and what doesn’t work when it comes to generating new leads and increasing purchases from current customers